Monday, September 23, 2013

Not just another braai gift


Last week I went to visit a former business partner and the encounter sent me back to my studying years. Our lecturer was giving away a well published marketing book for anyone who could remember the ways to improve product sales. But sheer luck I just happened to remember them that day. One of the methods was to find other uses for the same product. Which brings me back to my encounter with my former partner? I had taken him a copy of our latest corporate gifting catalogue, along with a sample of my current favourite corporate gift, the LED braai light. The LED braai light is a great corporate gift for national braai day, but also is a prefect gent’s gift as a corporate gift. These corporate gifting categories are fairly obvious to me. However this gent is currently studying and when I demoed the gift and showed him how the clamp works, he said “Although I have been to a lot of braais, I almost never braai myself, but I do complete my assignments outside on my balcony and the light does not quite reach the keyboard. I don’t like to keep the main light on as I often study after hours and don’t want to disturb the neighbours. This light can allow me to clamp it to my desk and help me with my assignments.” I was amazed. That particular application never occurred to me. I then realised that this LED light could be used as a number of corporate gift applications. It can be used as a camping light, or an emergency light that can be left in your car. I remembered that recently my husband was doing a repair on the car at night and because of bad visibility, I had to stand outside holding a lamp for him and this light would have been ideal. That is the great thing about sharing ideas that you get to learn from each other. Not just about applications for corporate gifts, but how to share experiences to make life better. So when you are thinking of corporate gifts, try to think out of the box. The LED braai light could well be your saving grace when there are power failures, when you are camping or yes, even when you are braaiing. For more information on the LED Braai light and on other corporate gifts visit us on www.belleregalo.co.za or e-mail us on info@belleregalo.co.za

No comments: